Monday, June 8, 2009

Now I have a whole new set of issues...

The good news: No more feet in my ribs! No more heartburn! I can reach my feet!
My new set of things to whine about: sore boobs, sore bottom and lack of sleep.

BUT...I get to hold my sweet baby!

Adam Henry was born Sunday morning at 1:50am. He weighed 7lbs, 11oz (same as Ben, couple ounces lighter than Leah...consistency is key!).

The entire delivery went well, starting with contractions at 8pm. I got a wonderful epidural around 11pm, which unfortunately made the pushing part more difficult. Also complicating matters was the fact that Adam decided to come out sunny-side up - which is also known as "the WRONG" way. But despite these two issues, I only had to push for half an hour before meeting our son.

We are tired, but happy. The kids love him, and I've already plotted a location for the daytime bed that will keep Adam out of the most household traffic, and also minimize the amount of sibling smothering.

After a walk in the halls, Ben came back into the hospital room asking "Where my baby?" so I think he's okay. So far.

Leah seemed pretty excited about the whole baby business, and immediately agreed to be Mommy's helper.
A couple of observations about baby Adam:
1. He cries very quickly.
2. Making that crying survivable is that his cry is lower, almost husky - not shrill like Ben's was.
3. He is good at using his pacifier! We popped it in about 2 hours after he was born.
4. Because, ahem, little Adam is an aggressive nurser.
5. Adam likes to be held close...which I will allow for a month or two. Then he's going to have to toughen up and come to terms with the fact that his older siblings need attention, too.
I am such a heartless mommy, I know. But now I have to spread my love three (okay, four, sorry Aaron!) ways! It's going to take me some time to figure out this crazy balancing act.

11 comments:

Joyful Living said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

JJ and EJ said...

YAY for pictures!! Oh what a beautiful thing! I will commence spoiling as of Wednesday when we drive through! : )

BlueCastle said...

Oh you are good! Updating Facebook and your blog - very good. :) Little Adam is adorable and such a nice addition to your lovely family.

James of all Trades said...

Congrats you guys! Looking forward to meeting him :)

Lexie said...

Your a great mom Lyz and you know you'll figure out how to spread your love between the 4 of them. Congrats!

Noel said...

Congratulations. When you weren't at church on Sunday, there was some speculation that you might be birthing.

JandH said...

So cute! I love the family photos!

Valerie said...

He looks like a sweetie! I love the picture of you and Leah and him. So cute! Let me know if you need anything! I could take the kids for a day or something. Don't be afraid to call!

. said...

yay for posting pics! now put down the computer and squeeze that baby!

Lyz said...

Thanks everyone! Adam has been getting lots of attention (don't worry, Ruth!). I think the same photos will be here and Facebook - too much work to put different photos up. So I'm going to be lazy, folks. But I think you'll forgive me.

Posts may be a little light too, but I have so much fresh material!

Terri said...

at least you got an epidural I wanted one so bad