Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Supposedly, I look like this celebrity....

Awhile back, I got an email about a website where if you submitted a photo of yourself, it would do a "scientific analysis" of it and then tell you which celebrity you looked most like. My most similar female match (there was a disturbing number of partial male matches...) was Courtney Thorne Smith (from According to Jim). You be the judge:






Yep. Except for the hair color, eye color, skin tone, jawline, nose, lips, and my photographic lazy eye, I'm a dead ringer. (Aaron says it's not the best photo of me, bless his heart. Unfortunately, it has been thoroughly established that I'm not photogenic, so I doubt there IS a "best" photo...)
But here are some folks who do actually look like real celebrities. There's even a vote! I chose Katie, the Reese Witherspoon look-alike. She happens to be a friend of a friend of mine, who sent me the link. But she also happens to look a lot a like Miss W. without relying on a hairstyle to pull it off. AND, she doesn't brag about looking like her, unlike the Paris Hilton chick. I got a little nauseated just reading her blurb.
Have fun! Oh, and you can de-lurk in the comments and tell me what celebrity YOU look like. I promise, we will all be laughing WITH you, not AT you. I swear.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe if you could have an expert makeup artist spend an hour on you, maybe then you'd look like Courtney!

Noel said...

A lot of the hair, skin, color stuff you mention is not used in face recognition software since terrorists could easily change those. Looking at other facial features from a structural image processing perspective, you and the actress do look similar.

On a less Orwellian note, the latest version of Picassa (beta) has a tagging feature where you can tag a frontal face view and Picassa will try to find all the other pictures with that person for auto-tagging. I don't know how well it works for other views, but I suspect that as long as two eyes are in the photo, the software can adjust for viewing angle.

AJ said...

Supposedly my doppleganger is Tom Green. Couldn't it have been someone better? Don't answer that!

Noel said...

With Tom Green it seems the match is more the hair and beard than facial structure. The matching software becomes even less impressive in my mind.

Noel said...

So if you are willing to submit a photo to find how who you look like, would you submit your DNA map to find who is the most geneticly similar to you?

Lyz said...

Aaron never submitted a photo - random people have actually come up to him and said he looks like Tom Green.

I don't think I'd submit a DNA sample, cause I'm pretty sure I'm most genetically similar to my siblings! Right?

Noel said...

This would be a DNA similarity test to famous people like, say, Jane Austen (although her DNA probably decomposed long ago)...