Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Third Time's the Charm

Today the kids and I went for a short walk. My daughter is speedy on her two-wheeled (plus 2 more training wheels) bike, but her endurance leaves much to be desired. Ben needed many many nudges with the stroller to keep him moving. Enough to really grate on my nerves. It's one thing to take a leisurely stroll at a steady pace, but entirely another to take a leisurely stroll for 3 steps, and then have to prod the 3 year old on the trike in front of you. Over and over again.

But I digress.

Upon returning from the walk, I told Leah that she could continue to ride her bike in front of the house, if she so desired. She had other plans, and said what they were. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what she said. None of the expected responses were fitting, either (I've gotten good at this substitution game, thanks to Ben. It's kind of like Pyramid for mommies.)

I had to have her repeat herself twice more before I got it. My skirt-wearing, pink-loving, fraidy-cat little girl was going "to wreck an ant hill". Why I didn't get that the first time, I don't know.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Wrecking ant hills is the best! You get to feel like your own personal Godzilla! Run! Run, you feeble little ants, FEAR MY WRATH!

AJ said...

Yikes! Remind me not to ride in a car when Aaron is driving. Here's hoping that Leah will build up some endurance and be able to actually transport herself somewhere on her bike in the near future. So far attempts have lead to turning around after two blocks.