Friday, April 9, 2010

Ben in Review

Four years in review, anyway. And I sure hope some of you enjoy these photos, since they've taken me 2 1/2 days to get uploaded & arranged properly. Gah!

Contractions started at 4pm on April 8th. After about 20 minutes, I couldn't walk across the room without doubling over. That should have been my first clue that they were "real" contractions, but no. I had to go check my birthing book and match the description. Silly me.

We got to the hospital, I got my lovely, perfect, wonderful epidural, the doctor broke my water AND THEN WENT HOME. He said that if he stayed, it would probably take me five hours. We called him back about an hour or so later, and actually had to wait for him to arrive for me to start pushing! After only 16 minutes, Benjamin Aaron sprang into the world at 9:08pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 12.9 ounces.


We have almost the exact photo from Leah's birth, but the other photo was taken after we were up all night and I'd been pushing for 5 hours. I love how awesome I look for Ben's first family photo!

Just before leaving the hospital as a family of four. Look at those two cute little buggers!

Just a few weeks old, and already so handsome.


These two still crack each other up! We are so blessed by their friendship.


Is this baby starting to look familiar? Everyone wonders who Adam looks like, but I think the boys have some resemblance!

On his first birthday, taking his first life-threatening steps on Grandpa's hearth!

About 18 months. I would like to point out those luscious curls, the bruised forehead, and the outfit that Adam has already worn. Also, that he is headed for the steps.

2nd birthday. Looks like he got beat up, but I'm pretty sure that's a casualty of being a two year old boy.

Two and a half. Multitasking. Thatta boy!

3rd birthday. Never saw a group of 3 year old boys so intent on the same thing - and not being destructive.

About 3 and a half. LOVING the bike. Finally figured out how to stop by pedaling backwards instead of just dragging a foot and then bailing.

My goofy four year old. He's an obstinant, debating, non-stop talking, constant-running, almost- totally-potty-trained bundle of energy. And although he may try to negotiate every single request from mommy & daddy ("Eat your dinner." "How many bites? One?") he is also the first to come and want to cuddle, sit on my lap, or request to be carried upstairs for bed. Kisses still make owies go away, and he looks to hold my hand whenever we are out shopping. He's my baby. And always will be, even when he's a big stinky teenager. Happy birthday, Ben-O.

2 comments:

BlueCastle said...

Happy Birthday to Ben! :) He is so cute.

Terri said...

glad to see my 4 year old isn't the only one asking how many bites of dinner need to be taken.